The Huronia Community Foundation (HCF) is a charitable, public foundation enhancing the quality of life for people in Huronia by connecting the charitable goals of a caring community with the local causes. The Executive Director has a major role in leading this growth of the foundation’s assets. The Foundation’s headquarters are in Midland, Ontario. More information can be found on the website at www.huroniacommunityfoundation.com
The Executive Director is appointed by and responsible to the Board of Directors of the Foundation and is subject to the by-laws and the express directions and decisions of the Board acting on behalf of and in the name of the Foundation. The ED is responsible for the organization, direction and management of the HCF. This person has the significant responsibility of bringing to life the HCF vision through the building of endowment funds and ensuring implementation of the strategic and business plans.
– College or University degree preferred
– Proven leader with a minimum of 5 years of philanthropic experience or transferable private sector skills paired with extensive involvement as a volunteer in the sector
– Management experience in a charitable organization an asset
– Demonstrated success in fund development or sales environment
– A compelling commitment to the philanthropic sector and a demonstrated interest in community development
– Self motivated, self disciplined individual with initiative and drive to succeed in a complex and ambiguous environment
– Visionary, with the ability to engage and inspire others
– Mature; well honed judgment, innovative thinker with ability to problem solve
– Highly developed communication skills: written and verbal. Strong public speaker.
– Ideally bilingual (French and English)
– Strong relationship development and interpersonal skills, ability to consult and work with wide range of partners and stakeholders
– Entrepreneurial and resourceful with strong administrative and organizational skills. Able to handle a variety of tasks with little support.
– Strong conceptual and strategic skills
– Experience developing and managing budgets. Financially savvy.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and current resume by Monday September 10th, 2018 to:
Chair, ED Selection Committee, Huronia Community Foundation
Please note: Although we are appreciative of all those who may express an interest in the Executive Director position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.