Smart and Caring Community Grants
About our Smart and Caring Community Grants
HCF’s Smart and Caring Community Grants were established by HCF’s Board of Directors and community minded donors to enable HCF to support the local charities and nonprofits across our region.
Our granting program shall be carried out primarily, but not exclusively, within the communities of the Towns of Midland and Penetanguishene, Beausoleil First Nation, and the Townships of Georgian Bay, Tay, and Tiny. Grants to geographic areas not listed will be presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
Terms and Conditions
- Grant applicants must serve the Huronia Community Foundation catchment area.
- Grant applicants must be a registered charity. If you do not represent a charity please arrange for a charity or qualified donee to host your project.
- Fixtures and capital campaigns do not qualify; chattels are okay as they can be moved.
- Sectarian causes are not supported.
- Grants to support fundraising for a charitable organization are not supported.
- Grants will be judged by an independent volunteer GRANT COMMITTEE and approved by the HCF Board of Directors. Applicants will be notified of their results.
- Grant applicants should align with HCF’s pillars of giving and other information located on the HCF website. www.huroniacf.com
- Successful applicants must submit a 250 word Impact Statement to HCF upon completion of the project/program and prior to applying again in the following year. Failure to comply will result in the decline of any new application in subsequent years. All stories become the property of HCF to be used for publication by HCF through our website, social & print media channels.
- HCF prefers a project or program-based application. Funds must be used for that approved project or program. If the project or program does not proceed, funds are to be returned to HCF.
Our Smart & Caring granting program takes place annually from April to June.
Be sure to join the many other Registered Charities & Not For Profits that benefit from funding opportunities that we provide throughout the year. Submit details about your organization here and be sure to follow us for program updates and other information on Facebook @HuroniaCF .